Version 1.5.4 – June 11th 2016
- Replaced Flickr API key – Using all previous versions of Viewfinder will result in errors, due to previous API key expiring
Version 1.5.3 – October 1st 2014
- Support for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
Version 1.5.2 – July 15th 2014
- Updated Support Request URL
Version 1.5.1 – June 17th 2014
- Copy files to the Pictures folder before setting the desktop background
Version 1.5 – May 27th 2014
- HTTPS connections to Flickr
- Last search terms are remembered whether you use toolbar search or the search sheet
- Search sheet terms are added to toolbar search field recent searches
- Download errors are now displayed properly in the Downloads window
- After June 27th 2014, using all previous versions of Viewfinder will result in errors, due to Flickr now requiring HTTPS connections
Version 1.4.6 – April 16th 2014
- Compatibility with Keynote 6.2
- Fix exporting photos with double quotes (") in the filename to Keynote
- Select new photo slide in Keynote
Version 1.4.5 – December 19th 2013
- 2160px size filter
Version 1.4.4 – November 1st 2013
- Allow creating folders when specifying an alternate download folder
Version 1.4.3 – September 21st 2013
- Updating to 1.4.2 would cause the direct edition to become unregistered – fixed
Version 1.4.2 – September 9th 2013
- Runs in App Sandbox
- More responsive over cellular network speeds
- Filters out duplicate photos returned by Flickr
- Loading a new set of photo thumbnails would cancel any incomplete thumbnail downloads – fixed
- Loading a photo in QuickLook would happen after all thumbnail downloads – now prioritized
- Scrolling to new photos when a new set is loaded now works on every load not just infinite scrolling
Version 1.4.1 – June 5th 2013
- Fix an occasional crash when downloading a photo
Version 1.4 – May 8th 2013
- Runs in App Sandbox
- New options in Help menu (Video Tutorials, Release Notes, and Support Request)
- Crash reporter
- Adds creator contact info to photo EXIF data
- Scrolls to new images when loading more
- Help book is now correctly indexed and searchable
- Fixed an issue when canceling the selection of an alternative download folder
- Infinite scrolling would try to load more images when no more were available – fixed
- More reliably prevents Orphan Works
- Uses the correct EXIF field for the Creative Commons license info
- Fixes possible unexpected search behavior when loading more images
- Help book has updated look
- If you had specified an alternative download folder in a previous version of Viewfinder, you will need to set it again.
- Reflects new company name, Glencode LLC
Version 1.3.1 – March 25th 2013
- Fix issue drawing non-downloadable photo tag on retina displays on OS X Mountain Lion
Version 1.3 – February 4th 2013
- Support for Notification Center in OS X Mountain Lion
- In-app purchase
- Enter Full Screen menu item
- Restore support for Growl notifications
- After canceling downloads during trials, the downloads in progress alert may still be displayed on quit – fixed
- If the search term was changed or cleared, before the License or Sort was the changed, the search would execute but the previous search term was used – fixed
- If Export to Keynote was used and Keynote was not installed, Viewfinder would hang indefinitely – fixed by introducing a check for the presence of Keynote
- When exporting to Keynote successfully, Viewfinder would briefly hang – fixed
- Software Update is no longer optional
- Minimum OS: OS X 10.7.3
Version 1.2.1 – November 26th 2012
- License viewer
- Find command in Edit menu would not work if the main window was not the frontmost window – fixed
- Use the search sheet for the Find command when the toolbar is in text-only mode or hidden
- Find command keyboard shortcut is now Cmd-F
Version 1.2 – November 15th 2012
- Infinite scrolling. Scroll to the bottom and more images are downloaded.
- Compatible with Gatekeeper
- 1800px size filter
- Size filter is now based on common resolutions
- Retina display support
- Updated UI
- Non-downloadable photos are tagged
- Window menu contents have been cleaned up
- Fixes hanging after searching on OS X Mountain Lion
- Cancelled image downloads now display correctly in the UI
- Don't penalize unregistered users for cancelled downloads
- Disable image actions in download contextual menu until download completes
- Clearing downloads did not clear failed or cancelled downloads – fixed
- The contextual menu for a non-downloadable photo no longer has download options enabled
- Background software update checks would not run until a manual check had been run – fixed
- HTML block is now valid markup
- After using the contextual menu for a photo, the menu would appear again – fixed
- Viewfinder is now owned by Sweeter Rhythm, LLC
- Minimum OS: Mac OS X 10.6.8
- This is the last major release to support Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Version 1.1.1 – July 14th 2011
- Special build of 1.1 for the Mac App Store
Version 1.1 – July 2nd 2011
- A new menu item Downloadable Images Only allows you to hide images that you can't download from view.
- Viewfinder supports full-screen mode on Mac OS X 10.7.
- Includes some support for automatic resume on Mac OS X 10.7.
- Viewfinder is now more efficient with your bandwidth when loading large numbers of images.
Version 1.0.6 – January 28th 2010
- Viewfinder now supports pinch to zoom the browser on newer laptop trackpads.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Search in Viewfinder service from starting a search after launching the app.
- Viewfinder now shows a suppressible alert when "Load More" brings back no results.
- If a photo's title includes '/', Viewfinder now substitutes that character before saving the file, rather than falling back on the Flickr file name.
Version 1.0.5 – November 27th 2009
- Viewfinder now supports paging through results with the Load More button, rather than reloading every time.
- Added a Service for searching selected text in Viewfinder.
- Fixed a priority bug in queueing images for download to improve thumbnail display performance with large result sets.
Version 1.0.4 – November 21st 2009
- Fixed a bug that caused the Copy HTML menu item to always be enabled, even when not appropriate.
Version 1.0.3 – November 21st 2009
- Added "Copy HTML Block" command to Edit menu and browser contextual menu.
- Tidied up download manager contextual menu.
Version 1.0.2 – November 12th 2009
- Added a suppressible alert when the search returns no results.
- Improved the display of network-error-related alert sheets.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Reveal and Set Desktop to fail if a file was moved after download.
- Added search sheet for the case in which the toolbar is in text-only mode.
Version 1.0.1 – November 7th 2009
- Improved handling of multiple displays when both are identically named.
- Fixed a bug that caused display names to use the wrong localisation in the multiple display alert sheet.
- Fixed a typo in the unregistered sheet.
Version 1.0 – November 5th 2009
- First public release
Mac App Store edition only
Direct edition only